Getting to Know your Camera & Photography Fundamentals
Do you have a new camera and would like to learn to use it better? Perhaps you've had one for a while, but don't feel familiar with its capabilities and controls. If so, join Dennis in this starter workshop that will get you rolling down photography's exciting and rewarding path. All capability levels and camera types are welcome.
You will learn:
- About the different types of cameras and choosing the one that's right for you
- About general camera operations and settings
- How to focus properly
- About camera modes like Portrait, Sports, Landscape, etc.
- About other modes such as Program, Aperture Priority and Shutter Priority
- How to lighten or darken an image
- About getting the right exposure in a variety of lighting conditions
- About ISO and how to use it
- What you need to know about a camera's sensor
- About lenses and zoom settings
- Some basics to make your pictures sharp
- Some ideas to help with composition